Monday, January 6, 2014

Katy Perry ROAR vs. BRAVE by Sara Bareilles=INSPIRING!

These songs have inspired MANY, including scores of hospital and cancer patients.



Learn to sing "Brave" like Sara Bareilles
New! Write an annotation
Highlight a line or word in the lyrics and click "Annotate". Learn more!
You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
And they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you


Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

Everybody’s been there, everybody’s been stared down
By the enemy
Fallen for the fear and done some disappearing
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, stop holding your tongue
Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

Innocence, your history of silence
Won’t do you any good
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you.


Learn to sing "Roar" like Katy Perry
New! Write an annotation
Highlight a line or word in the lyrics and click "Annotate". Learn more!
I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sit quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust

You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground

You held me down, but I got up
Get ready cause I’ve had enough

I see it all, I see it now

Chorus
:
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

Now I’m floatin like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

You
 held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up

Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

Chorus:
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Roar-or, roar-or, roar-or

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar


Perez Hilton:


Katy Perry Jacked Roar From Brave, Admits Sara Bareilles! Find Out Why She's Not Hatin' HERE!

 | Filed under: Music Minute • Katy Perry • Sara Bareilles • GIFs
sara bareilles brave katy perry roar gif
Is KatyKat a copycat?!
According to Sara Bareilles, yes—but the singer doesn't give a crap!
In a new interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Sara is finally acknowledging what fans have been saying all along…
Katy Perry's Roar sounds a whole lot like her song, Brave!
Miz Bareilles candidly confessed the musical similarities, but realizes there's a bright side to every situation:
"I mean, I can't say that I think that they don't sound similar. I've known Katy a really long time and we're friends. And at the end of the day, it was really only good for my song. So, thank you, Katy Perry for that!"
We love that the talented songstress is looking at the bigger picture instead of feeding into the controversy!
The two songs were HUGE hits, so we're thrilled for both ladies!
Sara BareillesSara BareillesSara BareillesSara BareillesSara Bareilles
- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-06-sara-bareilles-katy-perry-brave-roar-copy-song-

controversy#sthash.CJjJbKeh.dpuf




Sara Bareilles: The sweet author of tough songs

Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles is nominated for two Grammy Awards this year, including Album of the Year for "The Blessed Unrest," and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song, "Brave."
Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles is nominated for two Grammy Awards this year, including Album of the Year for "The Blessed Unrest," and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song, "Brave."  NOEL VASQUEZ, GETTY IMAGES
The lyrics Sara Bareilles sings, such as on her Grammy-nominated song "Brave," never hold anything back, and they've won her a devoted following. With Ben Tracy, we "Take Note":
Her music and her voice sound so sweet . . .  
"So let me thank you for your time,
Try not to waste any more of mine,
Get out of here fast …"
But in many of her songs, what Sara Bareillis is actually doing is not-so-sweetly telling someone off.
"Who died and made you king of anything?"
"I might not say it to your face, but I'm sure as hell gonna put it in a song!" she laughed. 
"I think some people will find that surprising because you seem so nice," said Tracy.
"I swear like a sailor. I find great joy in being a little bit sassy and crass, and -- I don't know, going against the grain a little bit. I find a lot of joy in that."
Bareilles' 2007 debut single "Love Song" was the singer-songwriter's response to her record label. It was pressuring her to write radio-friendly hits.
"I'm trying to let you hear me as I am!
 I'm not going to write you a love song
 Because you asked for it,
because you need one, you see."
It was, Bareilles said, "kind of a nasty song, but it was very tongue-in-cheek, which is so me to, like, be nasty in a passive-aggressive way!"
The irony was that, after writing what was basically a kiss-off to record executives, Bareilles got the phone call: "'We love it! We're on board!' Are you crazy? Who's playing this joke on me?"
"Love Song" was no joke. It was the #1 song of 2008 on Billboard's adult contemporary chart -- and it earned Bareilles a Grammy nomination for Song of the Year.
She's now back in the hunt for Grammy gold with her new album, "The Blessed Unrest." It snagged a coveted nomination for Album of the Year.
That surprised many in the industry -- including Bareilles.

 
She described her reaction as "kid-at-Christmas excited."
"I was trying to text my family and my hands were shaking," she told Tracy. "It was just this moment of sheer joy.
"It made me look back at the record itself, which was such a labor of love and a lot of pain as well. It was a really hard record to make. And it was the product of a tough year in my life."
Bareilles ended a long-term relationship with her boyfriend, parted ways with her band of 10 years, and moved from Los Angeles to New York.
"I didn't feel like I was on fire in any aspect of just who I am and who I want to feel like I am in my soul," she said.
"Not to go all therapist on you, but did you figure out what was missing?" Tracy asked.
"Oh, no. I'm a mess still," she laughed.
Her uncertainty about herself may seem at odds with her latest hit, "Brave":
"I wonder what would happen
if you say what you want to say
and let the words fall out, honestly.
I want to see you be brave!"
She says "Brave" was inspired by seeing a gay friend struggle with coming out. But when nurses and cancer patients at a Minnesota hospital posted this video online, "Brave" became an all-purpose face-your-fears anthem.
"It just felt like I was watching the song take flight and take on a life of its own," Bareilles said. "It was becoming something bigger than it had even been intended to be. And that's always -- oh my gosh, what an amazing hope for something you create."
It also created a bit of controversy. Three months later, Katy Perry released her hit, "Roar." She was accused of copying Bareilles' song.
"I mean, I can't say that I think that they don't sound similar," Bareilles said. "I've known Katy a really long time and we're friends. And at the end of the day, it was really only good for my song. So, thank you, Katy Perry for that!"
Armed with morning coffee, Bareilles took Tracy to one of her favorite spots, the canals of Venice, in Los Angeles. She lived near here for six years, and Venice is where she's written much of her music.
"It's just so charming, so different," she said. "You wouldn't expect this was in the middle of L.A."
Bareilles grew up in the northern California city of Eureka. Her mom worked in a funeral home; her dad was an insurance adjuster. Bareilles taught herself to play piano.
Sara_Bareilles_Little_Shop_of_Horrors_244.jpg
 CBS NEWS
She sang at Dodger Stadium when she was 14 years old, and played Audrey in a high school production of "Little Shop of Horrors" (left).
She admits to being addicted to musical theatre.
"It was like 'Phantom of the Opera' sweatshirt, hair in braids and singing at the top of my lungs," she said. 
"That's a good look," said Tracy.
"Add some pink jeans and like a weird hat!" Bareilles said. "I know! I've always been sort of a fashion icon."
During college at UCLA, she played small shows all over Los Angeles. She was a regular at a Chinese restaurant called Genghis Cohen. It's where Bareilles started growing her fan base.
The smallest crowd she ever got for a performance there?  Seven. She said she knew all of them.
But then she met some guys in a band named Kara's Flowers. They eventually called themselves Maroon 5. Front man Adam Levine took Sara Bareilles out on tour.
Maroon 5's Adam Levine speaks ("Sunday Morning")
"Those boys changed the trajectory of my life in a big way, and yeah, I'm forever grateful," she said.
Most of Bareilles' songs are deeply personal. She says she needs to write her own music in order to feel like she is being honest. 
"Most of the time I find it's easiest to sort of write about my own experiences. I'm very narcissistic!" she laughed. "I have a lot of important things to say and a lot of songs to write about it."
So is she very busy, Tracy asked?
"I'm really busy with my own brain," she laughed.
Which is why she still doesn't have time to write just any love song because someone needs it.
"I mean what I say. The songs that I write come from my heart."

For more info:

No comments:

Post a Comment