Friday, October 28, 2011

Are Flea Market/Yard Sale Purchases Haunted?

Let's talk about death.  None of us really want to.  But why not?  It's part of life whether we like it or not. No one has figured out a way to avoid it.  It sure can be grim but it doesn't have to be.  There is a place for humor, mystery, wonder, etc.

But the title of this Post is interesting.  Years ago I would NEVER buy anything secondhand at a flea market/yard sale/church sale, etc.  There was definitely a yech factor for me.  I would only buy things in stores, hopefully on sale.  At a hospital fundraiser I bought a used beautiful old suit for not much money.  It had belonged to someone else.  In fact his name was written inside the suit jacket pocket.  I kind of went eww but it fit perfectly.  This was my first secondhand purchase.  While commuting on the train one day I ran into an older friend.  He was a proud Harvard grad and always impeccably dressed.  He commented on what a nice suit I had on.  It was my secondhand new old suit.  So I told him about the suit and I mentioned the name that was in the suit.  It turns out that my friend actually knew the person!  That was a little spooky but interesting.  I unfortunately never felt the former owner's spirit.  I wore that suit until it literally fell apart.

So how about you?  Have you experienced any spirits, ghosts, odd winds, happenings related to anything you've bought secondhand from flea markets/yard sales, etc.?  I have not.   And I believe in spirits.  And I now buy almost everything I buy from yard sales.  I almost never buy retail anymore.  I find it fun.  And it's amazing the large number of wonderful things I've purchased at yard sales for next to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment