Friday, September 16, 2011

The Future of Burial

Today I saw a full page ad in the Wall Street Journal for I-Memorial and I-Tomb.  They are both offered by the same company.  They are really virtual memorialization online for the dead; perhaps a virtual cemetery of sorts.  Is this a good idea or not?  Again it's personal.  For many we remember and honor our deceased loved ones' spirits in our minds.  The two I's will probably find some interest with a fair number of people.  I am not sure how much they cost.  Some people will always like to have a physical place to visit to remember their deceased loved ones.  Some people will never visit a cemetery.  Some will choose the I's as a way to remember.  I-Tomb is for people already deceased.  Survivors can arrange online memorials.  I-Memorial is for those who are still living.  The living can arrange how they would like to be remembered themselves.  Apparently this includes leaving passwords, etc. for bank accounts, online accounts, etc. so that your survivors won't have to struggle figuring these things out.  Right now this is a big problem with email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment